This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Problem compiling gdb 6.4 on HP 11.11
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: jeremy dot palmer at oracle dot com
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:38:11 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Problem compiling gdb 6.4 on HP 11.11
I tried building gdb 6.4 on HP 11.11 with the HP compiler and it failed
but not with the same error message you got. Mine died with:
cc: "../../gdb-6.4/gdb/hppa-hpux-tdep.c", line 1933: error 1610: Attempting to return value from function of type void.
I was able to build it with GCC with no problems.
gdb 6.5 has been released now, I don't know if that would work better
with HP C or not. I didn't try it.