This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Schedule proposal for the next release(s)
- From: Nick Roberts <nickrob at snap dot net dot nz>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 11:20:58 +1200
- Subject: Re: Schedule proposal for the next release(s)
- References: <20060621074033.GF976@adacore.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20060705224744.GF678@adacore.com>
> > If this is agreed I think it should be added to:
> > http://sourceware.org/gdb/schedule/
> > which is already out of date.
> Page updated.
Thanks. I think the release schedule is a good idea is it gives developers an
expectation and they can plan accordingly. With Emacs there is no schedule. :-(
On the release history, the only things I find interesting are the number and
the actual release date. It might also be a good idea to link to the NEWS
file (not to be confused with the current link to News). Slippage makes me
think of performance reviews where the manager wants to know why the release
was late but does not appreciate the quality of the release.