Re: Linux threads and insight 6.4 / 6.5

On Tue, Jun 27, 2006 at 07:26:45PM -0500, Steven J. Hill wrote:
> FALE(Leopold Faschalek) wrote:
> >
> > The thread model is linuxthreads (not NPTL).
> >
> > ================== target ======================
> > /img # ./gdbserver64 192.168.184.10:5000 ./test
> > Process ./test created; pid = 370
> > Listening on port 5000
> > Remote debugging from host 192.168.184.10
> >
> > Child terminated with signal = 9
> >
> > Child terminated with signal = 0x9
> > GDBserver exiting

Sorry, I didn't respond to this because I don't know what could cause
it.  You might want to search the archives for problems with thread
debugging; the usual suspects are library mismatches.

> That's okay. I'm using NPTL on MIPS with the latest gdbserver (6.5) and
> it does the exact same thing for me, kind of. Mine exits with signal 5.
> As usual, threads support is iffy.

With signal 5 is a clear signal that gdbserver has not enabled thread
support, either because of a mismatch or a problem with libthread_db
support on your target.  When one thread hits a breakpoint, if another
thread is running outside of debugger control, the kernel may terminate
the entire process.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery