Re: Should "dir" override the full path encoded in debug info?

> Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:10:19 -0700
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
> My coworker tried to run the debugger using that copy of the executable
> and used "dir" commands to point to his copy of the sources.
> Unfortunately, that didn't work as the debugger insisted on using
> the original location for getting the source files.

As Daniel points out, this is a complicated issue; the relevant code
was changed several times during the last year to cater to several
popular practices wrt source location.  I think, to judge whether this
is a bug or a feature, we need to see more information, like the
original location of the sources during compilation, what file names
are recorded in the debug info, the "dir" command that was issued at
debug time, and the unwanted behavior and/or the error message(s), if
any, from GDB.