Re: invoking GDB from FE and signals

 > Job control signals are funny.  The C-c sends a signal to the process
 > group in control of the current terminal, and when the inferior is
 > running, GDB makes sure that it "owns" the terminal (so that it won't
 > e.g. be automatically stopped with SIGTTIN if it tries to read()).

Maybe that relates to what I'm seeing on the async branch (and with Apple's
GDB) where the inferior can't accept input on the same terminal:

  -exec-run
  ^running
  (gdb)
  Enter value for n1: 5
  Enter value for n2:
  Suspended (tty input)

Where 5 has been entered by the user for the inferior.

I was hoping that GDB could tell whether the inferior was waiting for input or
not and pass any input it receives or process it accordingly (a problem I
have with Emacs is not knowing whether to queue an input for GDB or send
it immediately for the inferior).