This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Patch: Remove src/blt, src/iwidgets, src/mmalloc directories
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: dave dot korn at artimi dot com, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org, insight at sourceware dot org, sid at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:35:44 -0400
- Subject: Re: Patch: Remove src/blt, src/iwidgets, src/mmalloc directories
- References: <01b001c66493$7abc51d0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <200604201628.JAA07981@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 09:28:54AM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > BTW, do you need to check over the CVSROOT files and make sure these dirs
> > aren't still referenced by e.g. 'modules' or any of the other administrative
> > files?
Removing them breaks checking out old versions, sometimes. But for
these particular directories I'm inclined to agree. Please leave the
version in old-gdb.
> This certainly seems like a good idea but, not being a CVS expert, I am
> not sure how to do it. Where are these CVSROOT files? I don't see them
> in my checked out src tree or in the web based src tree viewer. Can
> they be seen without logging on to sourceware.org? If not, then I don't
> think that I can check them since I don't think CVS write permission
> comes with sourceware.org login permission.
Check out the module "CVSROOT" from the same path you check out src.