Re: Checking if addess is on stack?

> From:  Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su>
> Date:  Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:49:53 +0400
>
> in order to improve watchpoints handling in KDevelop, I need to figure out
> if a given address is part of current frame's stack. Is there any command
> to produce that information? I guess I can look at frame base address and
> check if my address is "close" to that, but it's a bit unreliable.
>
> For reference, the watchpoint changes for KDevelop are outlined at:
>
>   http://lists.kde.org/?l=kdevelop-devel&m=114552206721831&w=2

I think one way to solve the problems you describe in that URL is to
set a temporary breakpoint whose commands set the watchpoint:

   tb do_that
   commands
   > watch ptr->i
   > continue
   > end

(and similarly for block-local variables: put a breakpoint on the
block's first line).  If you want to keep the watchpoints between
sessions, record the temporary breakpoints and reinsert them when the
session starts.

Would this do what you want?