This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: MinGW status for readline
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Chet Ramey <chet dot ramey at case dot edu>
- Cc: bug-readline at gnu dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org, chet at case dot edu
- Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:55:50 -0400
- Subject: Re: MinGW status for readline
- References: <20060407200149.GA28248@nevyn.them.org> <443BB2CA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Apr 11, 2006 at 09:44:42AM -0400, Chet Ramey wrote:
> Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> > 1. Readline 5.1 currently fails to build for MinGW, in tilde.c. The
> > problem is:
> > dirname = glue_prefix_and_suffix (user_entry->pw_dir, filename, user_len);
> > I've just moved the else branch inside the #if defined (HAVE_GETPWENT),
> > from just below. With that change, readline builds. Here's the patch:
> Thanks, though that patch introduces a memory leak.
How? Oh, if HAVE_GETPWNAME but not HAVE_GETPWENT? I'm not sure why
you've got a call to endpwent there at all; I thought that only closed
getpwent, not getpwnam, and that path doesn't call getpwent.
> Thanks, I fixed it.
Great, thank you!