Re: MI: type prefixes for values

On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 09:06:14AM -0700, Jim Ingham wrote:
> -var-evaluate-expression just fetches the data for the expression as
> it was last computed.  As such, it doesn't know in or out of scope.

I can see, from careful inspection, that this is true.  It surprised
the heck out of me.  I'd have expected it to evaluate it now, not to
return the last evaluated value.

Should it do this?  If so, we should fix the manual.

Eek!  Every call to c_value_of_root for a local changes the selected
frame and reinitializes the frame cache, discarding previous
unwindings.  That's awful.  I sure hope it isn't necessary.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery