This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Time for a new release?
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:49:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: Time for a new release?
- References: <20060315043747.GA695@adacore.com> <20060315170117.GA3806@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060317194104.GD19068@nevyn.them.org> <20060406150457.GA800@adacore.com> <20060406153218.GA28110@nevyn.them.org>
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 11:32:18AM -0400, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 08:04:57AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> > [moving the discussion to gdb (from gdb-patches) as recommended]
> > > > > Branch: Apr 3rd
> > > > > Pre-release: Apr 5th
> > > > > Release: Apr 19th
> > >
> > > Sounds reasonable to me. I know I have a lot of things coming up
> > > that I don't want to sneak "under the wire" into a release - I'll
> > > want to give them a lot of time to settle down.
> > I have set some time aside to work on this today. Is Apr 3rd still
> > OK for cutting the branch?
> i.e. three days ago? At this point, I'd recommend waiting a couple of
> days; let's get David Miller's SPARC/Linux fixes in first.
> > Would one month be a good duration? I think this is what we did the
> > last time.
> Yes, I think so.
> > OK. Will post a patch to disable -Werror by default.
> On the release branch, I hope you mean?
How have we resolved "del 1"? It used to work. Now I have to use