This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Time for a new release?
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:32:18 -0400
- Subject: Re: Time for a new release?
- References: <20060315043747.GA695@adacore.com> <20060315170117.GA3806@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20060317194104.GD19068@nevyn.them.org> <20060406150457.GA800@adacore.com>
On Thu, Apr 06, 2006 at 08:04:57AM -0700, Joel Brobecker wrote:
> [moving the discussion to gdb (from gdb-patches) as recommended]
> > > > Branch: Apr 3rd
> > > > Pre-release: Apr 5th
> > > > Release: Apr 19th
> > Sounds reasonable to me. I know I have a lot of things coming up
> > that I don't want to sneak "under the wire" into a release - I'll
> > want to give them a lot of time to settle down.
> I have set some time aside to work on this today. Is Apr 3rd still
> OK for cutting the branch?
i.e. three days ago? At this point, I'd recommend waiting a couple of
days; let's get David Miller's SPARC/Linux fixes in first.
> Would one month be a good duration? I think this is what we did the
> last time.
Yes, I think so.
> OK. Will post a patch to disable -Werror by default.
On the release branch, I hope you mean?