This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: obsolete directories in src tree: mmalloc, iwidgets, blt
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- Cc: overseers at sourceware dot org, binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb at sourceware dot org, insight at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 13:48:15 -0400
- Subject: Re: obsolete directories in src tree: mmalloc, iwidgets, blt
- References: <200604042227.PAA01781@hpsje.cup.hp.com>
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 03:27:28PM -0700, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> My understanding is that mmalloc is also no longer used but it does have
> a lot of gdb tags on the files and it has been in use more recently. At
> the top level ChangeLog I find:
> 2005-02-08 Andrew Cagney <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * MAINTAINERS: Delete reference to dejagnu/ and mmalloc/ from the
> gdb/ section. Update GDB's URL.
> So I think that is when mmalloc stopped being used. The dejagnu
> directory seems to have already been removed but the mmalloc directory
> is still there.
It stopped being used long before. It continued to be checked out and
shipped until around then.
> So, should these three directories (blt, iwidgets, mmalloc) be deleted?
I think yes.