This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Unreasonable expectation in gdb.base/break.exp
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: "David S. Miller" <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 19:05:35 -0400
- Subject: Re: Unreasonable expectation in gdb.base/break.exp
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 04:02:27PM -0700, David S. Miller wrote:
> I think this is perfectly reasonable and correct behavior on
> both gdb's and gcc's part, and this check in break.exp should
> be made a little bit more leanient.
> Any objections?
That seems reasonable to me, but what do you propose testing for
instead? I suppose if we don't check the source file, we'll still be
able to check the function name when we hit the breakpoint.