This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: debugging dynamically loadable code
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Pupeno <pupeno at pupeno dot com>
- Cc: gdb at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:34:56 -0400
- Subject: Re: debugging dynamically loadable code
- References: <email@example.com>
On Mon, Apr 03, 2006 at 06:09:33PM +0200, Pupeno wrote:
> Any ideas how can I do my debugging ?
You can do one of two things here:
- "set stop-on-solib-events 1". This will cause GDB to stop when
shared libraries are loaded or unloaded. You can use "info shared" to
see if the library you want has been loaded after a stop.
- Pending breakpoints. You can set a breakpoint by filename:line or
function name, even if that object hasn't been loaded yet - you just
may not be able to do it using the DDD GUI. You need GDB 6.3 or 6.4
for this to work. I don't know if DDD lets you get at the GDB console