Re: MI: changing breakpoint location

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

>> Of course, frontend maintainers and gdb maintainers are different groups,
>> so if you mean adding this to gdb will move work from frontend
>> maintainers to gdb maintainers and you don't like that idea, I
>> understand. Or you object to the idea even if it will backed up by a
>> patch eventually?
>
> It's not implementing it in GDB that's a problem.  As I said above,
> it's maintaining it and testing it forevermore.  That's why I want to
> keep the MI interface well defined and as small as possible (but no
> smaller).

Let me try again. Maintaining and testing this in gdb is extra work.
Maintaining and testing this in frontends is extra work as well, and GUIs
are less suitable for automatic testing.

Do you prefer to have this maintained and tested in frontends because that
means less work for you, or because it's more technically reasonable, in
your optinion?

- Volodya