Re: MI: changing breakpoint location

> BTW, this does make me think about the original request differently; it
> does seem a bit awkward to have to delete and recreate breakpoints
> every time the user edits a source file.  Maybe it isn't.  I don't
> know...

Just my few cents:

To me, it was initially expected and normal. But then there are some
issues GUIs have to be careful of, probably derived from the fact that
the new breakpoint would have a different ID. They have to transfer
over conditions expressions, command lists, etc.

For some reason I can't put my finger on, I feel against such a feature,
but then it would make things simpler for the GUI, and the user would
not be confused by a different breakpoint number when the location
is modified...

Doesn't seem like something that would be too hard to implement either,
right? Something like "move-breakpoint break-id new-location". If it
added to GDB, I would make it available for CLI as well, might as well.

--
Joel