Re: how to get uptodate vxworks gdb source code

> From my understanding of GPL they have to make the sources freely
> available to everyone, the licence is supposed to be infectious Gnu
> wouldn't neuter this licence.  The latest gdb available on their
> website which they is gdb-5.3 for tornado-2.2.

Without discussing your mistaken understanding of the GPL...

I am afraid that getting the sources from WindRiver will not help you
with RDB, because their debugger do *not* have support for the RDB
protocol as far as I know. They do what they recommend, they use WTX.

In your case, I would really stay away from RDB, and stay away from
WTX which is being phased out. Use DFW, and as I said, you do have
an example of a DFW target implementation in our GDB whose sources
are freely available (libre.adacore.com).  And we won't even require
you to be a customer of ours! ;-).

--
Joel