Re: MI: reporting of multiple breakpoints

> Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 15:07:12 -0500
> From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> Cc: eliz@gnu.org, ghost@cs.msu.su, gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> This just doesn't scale.  Now the user places two breakpoints at foo
> (via complicated scripts, say) and one of them has continue in its
> commands list.  The user could make the exact same argument to complain
> that we "didn't stop".

There's no end to this.  A breakpoint could have in its comand list a
command to delete the other breakpoint at this location; now what?

GDB gives users enough rope to hang themselves, so I don't think we
should consider situations when they do.  We should, however, do
reasonable things for simple situations where users expect us to do
those reasonable things, and there are no complications to do what
they expect.  I think.