Re: $thread convenience variable

> From: Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su>
> Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 14:59:39 +0300
> Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com
>
> > Thanks, but please add its documentation to the GDB manual.
>
> Sure, but I'm more concerned about correctness of the patch (especially pid
> vs. tid), so would rather hear comments on that before doing anything with
> the manual.

What I meant to say was that a code patch without an appropriate docs
patch is incomplete.  And we'd rather see complete patches for each
change.

Anyway, a patch for the manual is orthogonal to code changes, in this
case.  Whatever patch for the code you will eventually check in, the
description of this feature in the manual will not change, since you
only add a convenience variable.  So there's no reason to wait for
comments on the code patch before writing a patch for the manual.