Re: Fwd: -Wpointer-sign for GCC 4.1

On 1/18/06, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> Nah - my plan is to forget the whole thing if we decide to, but no one
> wants to decide.

I think we should encourage the use of gdb_byte for binary blobs in
new code (say, at patch review time).  But it sounds like you estimate
there's still a ways to go to get target-specific code in line.  Since
this concurrence between you and Eli:

>> Shall we discard the remaining (more minor) cases and turn off this
>> warning?
>
>I think so, yes.  We have better uses for our energy right now.

wasn't conditioned on GCC's future choices, I'm happy to join it.