Re: : Re: [RFC] multiple breakpoints from FILE:LINE

 >>> Those menus have got to go.  They're (a) confusing to users (in
 >>> my opinion, no real data), and (b) extremely awkward for
 >>> graphical frontends....

 Cyrille> I agree with Daniel's (a) & (b). I have never grumbled
 Cyrille> before on this topic because I did not have anything
 Cyrille> constructive to contribute. This thread gave me an
 Cyrille> idea. Here it is:

 Cyrille> I believe it would be worthwhile to have 2 different break
 Cyrille> commands: - break - break-multiple (or whatever other more
 Cyrille> appropriate name)

 Cyrille> break-multiple would have the semantics advocated by Daniel
 Cyrille> (break automatically on all relevant locations)

 Cyrille> break, instead of presenting a menu, would issue an error of
 Cyrille> the kind:

 Cyrille> (gdb) break FILENAME:LINENUM multiple choices for this
 Cyrille> breakpoint, please use any of the following: break-multiple
 Cyrille> FILENAME:LINENUM break FILENAME:instance1.function:LINENUM

Nice.  What syntax would you use for the two constructors, and three
destructors, that have the same C++ names?

	     paul