Re: debugging shared libraries

On 1/6/06, Anthony Heading <ajrh@ajrh.net> wrote:
> But my original suggestion was about trying to sidestep that.  If gdb is
> run on the shared library, it's clear even technically what library we're
> trying to debug!  And indeed that already works fine (on ELF at least):

(That's what I get for jumping into the middle of a thread.)

You're right, there's no necessary connection there that I can see.

You'll need to make sure the breakpoints get disabled
(bp_shlib_disabled) and re-set (as by breakpoint_re_set), since the
shared library probably won't get loaded at the address GDB expects
before the program runs.