Re: [hpux] interesting but difficult to unwind code

If you have our odump tool, "odump -comp a.out" will show you the compiler and options used to build each object for a PA32 executable :

thanks.

   There are two bits in the "struct unwind_table_entry" defined in
config/pa/tm-hppa.h (at least in the WDB sources) that cover alloca() use
and +Oentrysched use:

    unsigned int sched_entry_seq:1;     /* 25 */
    unsigned int alloca_frame:1;        /* 35 */

Unfortunately, even HP gdb doesn't print out those fields for a "maintenance
print unwind" command.

I'll fix this this FSF gdb. Thanks for pointing this out!

Meanwhile with these pointers I've fixed the unwinding problem described previously in my local tree. Will do some more testing and send the patch to gdb-patches. Thanks for your help Carl.

randolph