Re: Maintainer policy for GDB

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 10:36:59AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 22:06:05 -0500
> > From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>
> > Cc: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>, david.carlton@sun.com,
> > 	gdb@sourceware.org
> >
> > I'm somewhat worried about the timeout causing friction whenever it is
> > used
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you mean by ``friction''.  Can you
> elaborate?

I expect that contributors will get annoyed at maintainers who are
responsible but inactive (because they've added delay), and in return
those maintainers will get annoyed at contributors for any comments
they make about the subject.

A timeout is all well and good for you and for documentation, Eli;
you're unbelievably responsive.  Surely you've noticed that you're just
about the _only_ area reviewer who is so responsive.  We also need to
consider everybody else.

I'd rather not continue this discussion, though; I think we need to
compromise and move on.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC