Re: Prologue analysis interface

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:24:06AM -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:
> Daniel, you said that you felt that the interface in the
> prologue-value.h that I posted wasn't at the right level, and
> suggested that, instead of providing types and some operations on
> those types, it should instead provide the interpretation loop and
> call back into tdep code to interpret specific instructions.
>
> Could you sketch that interface for me?  I'm concerned that it will be
> difficult to allow the tdep code the flexibility it needs to model the
> processor without a lot of bureaucracy, but I'm willing to be
> impressed.

What I don't know is how much flexibility is needed.  Maybe it's more
than I thought.

I'm penciling in reading the existing s390 analyzer and posted m32c
analyzers for tonight's schedule, since this keeps coming up in
conversation.  I promise I'll get back to you about this soon.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC