Re: Dumping core on windows?

Brian Dessent wrote:
Ben Greear wrote:

Is there any way to configure windows to dump a core file
that GDB can decode?

If you are using Cygwin, the dumper utility is provided for this.  See
the users guide.

I'm using mingw on Linux to cross-compile a windows executable. It does not require/use cygwin, but I can use cygwin if that will do what I need. I'll investigate the dumper tool.

(Or, get a stack-trace some other way?)

Attach to the process and "bt"?  No core file is needed for that.  Maybe
you should supply some more details.

After hours or days, my application crashes. It's not overly convenient for me to attach gdb to the process(es), but it can be done if that is the only way.

Is there a way to have gdb automatically start running an app, for instance, something
like this:

gdb --exe=foo.exe --autostart --command="--arg1 --arg2=bar"

I know you can pipe commands in, but that's a bit inconvenient...

Thanks,
Ben

Brian

--