Re: warning: (Internal error: pc 0xd00 in read in psymtab, but not in symtab.)

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 06:54:12PM -0800, Jim Blandy wrote:
> On 11/15/05, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> wrote:
> > If you're going to change the toolchain to solve this problem, this
> > isn't the way to do it.  Just put the .debug_info section in a COMDAT
> > group with the section to be discarded.  This should be a pretty
> > trivial change nowadays, since the linker has grown proper COMDAT
> > support.
>
> Okay.  I was hoping to get an answer of the form "Don't bother .* COMDAT .*".

:-)

It's mostly a matter of (A) getting gcc to actually start using comdat
where available, there were some hiccups last time we tried, and (B)
teaching the dwarf writer how to partition debug info; no one really
loves that code...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC