Re: Fwd: Thread Debugging - NPTL/PPC

Thank you!

> (B) What symbols does libthread_db try to look up (by calling
> ps_pglobal_lookup), and which ones fail?  Some failing is OK.  All
> failing is not OK.  A stripped libpthread.so won't work for NPTL
> debugging; it needs the .symtab symbol table, although it doesn't need
> debug information.

My libpthread was stripped, but I had the debug symbols stored in a
separate file.  In some cases the debug symbols were being found, in
other cases they were not being found.  I was able to use 'set
debug-file-directory' to direct gdb to the debug symbols, as well as I
was able to move the symbols to a suitable location for gdb to find
them by its lonesome.

I kept thinking that I didn't have stripped libs because of the case
where gdb was working as usual. It just happened, in that case, gdb
was able to find the debug symbols.

Thanks again!