PowerPC 603 Register Set Clarification

Hi,

I am unsure as to how to handle the ASR register and the two placeholder
registers that are defined for the PowerPC 603 with respect to the 'g'
and 'G' packets and was hoping someone could clarify it for me.  I am
currently working with GDB 6.3.50.20051026.

In rs6000-tdep.c, PPC_OEA_SPRS includes the ASR register which is
declared S64 (a 64-bit register on 64-bit systems that doesn't exist on
32-bit systems).  The 603 isn't 64-bit but the register still appears to
take up a register number nonetheless.  Does it also take up space (16
hex chars) in the 'G' packet, which is then intended to be skipped by
the stub?  If so, should the stub then fill in zeroes for this register
in the 'g' packet?

Also in rs6000-tdep.c, registers_603[] contains two placeholder
registers as register numbers 122 and 123.  Both are declared R0
(placeholder for a register that doesn't exist).  Again, they appear to
take up register numbers but do they also take up space in the 'G' and
'g' packets?  In this case there is no declared size, or perhaps that is
meant to mean that they are zero sized and thus take up no space?

Thanks for the help!

Ron McCall