Re: Using reverse execution

> Cc: gdb@sources.redhat.com, shebs@apple.com
> From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian@airs.com>
> Date: 20 Sep 2005 16:13:55 -0700
>
> There is probably some cool use for which tracepoints are the
> obvious right answer, but I don't know what it is.

In native debugging, tracepoints would be very useful to debug a
real-time program, or, more generally, a program where timing issues
are crucial to its correct operation.  With such programs, normal GDB
usage disrupts the program operation and might even cause the program
to fail in ways that are unrelated to the bug you are looking for.