Re: solib search algorithm for cross-gdb

When I said "cross-gdb" I was thinking about host != target -- for
example an Intel host and a MIPS target.  Using the literal library
path can't possibly be right in that case.

Daniel suggests some other cases that are more dynamic -- host ==
target but we're doing remote debugging.

Right now we have TARGET_SO_FIND_AND_OPEN_SOLIB as a way for the
target specific code to add another way to find libraries, but we
don't have any way for any component to subtract ways, which is what I
need here.

As for the tree root or tree shape being in the architecture vector,
I'm not sure that works.  The issue isn't the target architecture
itself, but rather that the target and the host are different.  I
didn't think that the architecture vector expresses that.  (Possibly
my confusion -- I'm still learning gdb internals...)

Ok, I hear some encouraging notions and some helpful suggestions --
I'll see about concocting a proposal.

     paul