Re: gdb runs multi-threaded with non-threaded app and gets SEGV

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 Larry Martell wrote :
> --- "Min Xu (Hsu)" <xu@cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>
> > Larry,
> >
> > How about you run the program and let the program
> > pass the
> > lib call without using GDB. And spin there until gdb
> > is attached?
>
> I tried this, but after it attaches to the process,
> as then I try to continue it, it immediatly gets
> a SEGV. And it sounded like such a good idea too :-(

How can this be possible is beyond me. :-(

Are you using SPARC? One thing may or may not have something to do
with this is "non-faulting loads" in SPARC. Maybe, without
gdb, your program didn't SEGV since it was using
"non-faulting loads"?