Re: Program no longer exists [SOLVED - Completely]

On Tuesday 07 June 2005 15:46, Alvin Beach wrote:
> On Monday 06 June 2005 19:29, Alvin Beach wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I don't know why or how, but after I installed gdb-debuginfo-6.3-14 I can
> > now debug threaded applications.
> >
> > I thought I'd send this out in case someone else has run into the same
> > problem I did.
> >
> > Alvin
>
> Hello all,
>
> I think I know the cause of this problem (Well I got the answer from the
> linux.development.apps newsgroup).
>
> Turns out the glibc and glibc-devel rpms have missed matched versions!
>
> Suse has a security fix for glibc but not glibc-devel. Once I down-graded
> glibc, I was able to debug again.

Just in case someone is experiencing this same problem, SuSE has released a
fix for this. They have patched several rpms, which include:

glibc-i18ndata-2.3.4-23.4
glibc-profile-2.3.4-23.4
glibc-2.3.4-23.4
glibc-locale-2.3.4-23.4
glibc-info-2.3.4-23.4
glibc-devel-2.3.4-23.4
timezone-2.3.4-23.4

So, basically, just do an update and the problem will go away.