Re: stack corruption?

On Jun 13, 2005, at 8:32 PM, Louis LeBlanc wrote:

Stack corruption shows up anytime I open the program in gdb.  I get an
occasional core dump (SEGV and BUS) from my program, but when I can
make heads or tails of it, it appears to be deep in a host lookup
(system libs, Solaris 9) or Oracle 8.1.7 database calls (which could
also be a host lookup).

Louis, I think you're going to need to be a lot more specific. You're using gdb on Solaris 9 with a SPARC CPU? What version of gdb? Your paragraph above sounds like there's a bug in your program causing it to crash, and you cannot understand the stack backtrace -- are you asking for help in using gdb to find your bug, or are you saying that gdb is not behaving properly?

If it's the latter, some example output of the problem would do wonders to clear things up.

Jason