Trying to debug an x86 core on a Sparc

Hello all,

I've got gdb built using the configure arg '--target i386-pc-
solaris2.10', on build host 'sparc-sun-solaris2.8'. I'm trying to debug
a core file which was produced on an x86 Solaris 10 box. I do have a
copy of the x86 executable available on the sparc box.

I try to load the executable and core using i386-pc-solaris2.10-gdb core
executable

The executable has a bunch of dll dependencies, with paths like
"/usr/lib/libsomething.so.1". These are fine on the x86 box, but on the
Sparc box, obviously "/usr/lib/libsomething.so.1" is a sparc binary and
not compatible. The x86 library is in a different directory (call
it /opt/i386-pc-solaris2.10-sysroot). I want to tell gdb to look at the
sysroot directory and not the absolute rpath specified in the
executable. Is there any way to do this?

--
Aaron Gaudio           agaudio @ eng.mc.xerox.com           585-422-6876

                  While life is yours, live joyously;
                None can escape Death's searching eye: