Re: Fwd: gdb & pthreads - the Ike and Tina of Linux dev

--- Ramana Radhakrishnan
<ramana.radhakrishnan@codito.com> wrote:

> Hi Bryan ,
>
> Whats the compiler / binutils / glibc version you
> are using?

That information, except binutils, was in my original
post.  To summarize:

gcc - 3.3.5-5 20050117 Thread model: posix
binutils - 2.15.94.0.2.2-3
glibc - 2.3.4-23
kernel - 2.6.11.4-20a-default

All up to date, standard, SuSE Pro 9.3 components.
I've repeated the problem on two different hardware
platforms - a Prescott P4 system and a Pentium-M
system.

Below is a screen dump of my attempt to debug the
previously attached test case.  Note that I didn't
type the final "Quit" it did that in response to my
running the program.  If I don't put in the breakpoint
or put a breakpoint in main() only, everything works
fine.

If there is any other information I can provide, let
me know.

bwilkers@bwilkers-mobl:~/proj/temp/gdbthread> gdb
gdbthread
GNU gdb 6.3
GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General
Public License, and you are
welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it
under certain conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show
warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i586-suse-linux"...Using
host libthread_db library
"/lib/tls/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) b gdbthread.cpp:30
Breakpoint 1 at 0x804879f: file gdbthread.cpp, line
30.
(gdb) r
Starting program:
/home/bwilkers/proj/temp/gdbthread/gdbthread

Program terminated with signal SIGTRAP,
Trace/breakpoint trap.
The program no longer exists.
(gdb) Quit