gdb and too many threads causes SIGTRAP

Hi

We are developing a multi-threaded application on RH9 which creates and
deletes a large number of threads in a short time. After this program runs
for sometime, gdb fails with a SIGTRAP in a thread that is at
__ntpl_death_event() (when the thread wants to quit). Following some of the
mails at gdb-patches, I noticed a thread (subject: [RFC]: fix for recycled
thread ids) that seems to address this issue.

According to that mail thread, and this specific mail
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-03/msg00672.html, a fix was
issued to check for TD_DEATH when possible and to attach to threads sooner
when thread ids are being reused. This fix seems to be available in gdb
6.2.1, so we used that to debug the application. But this still does not seem
to have fixed the problem. I can confirm that the code to test for TD_DEATH
is activated and that glibc version is 2.3.2, so this fix should apply and
work. But it doesnt.

Is there anything else I should be checking? If you need more information,
please let me know. The OS is RH 9, with just the gdb 6.2.1 tar.bz2 compiled
and being used. Thanks.

kaarthik