Re: remote debugging symbol problem

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

On Thu, May 19, 2005 at 12:26:33PM +1200, David Antliff wrote:
However, now, I just get this:

(gdb) target remote 10.16.10.237:2345
Remote debugging using 10.16.10.237:2345
0x0fe896a0 in ?? ()
warning: Unable to find dynamic linker breakpoint function.
GDB will be unable to debug shared library initializers
and track explicitly loaded dynamic code.

My understanding is that the warning is simply because the standard
libraries aren't compiled with GDB support. This used to happen even when
it worked so I'm not concerned about it (should I be?).

You should be. This means that GDB has not found your target libraries. Is solib-absolute-prefix set in your cross GDB?

Absolutely brilliant - that solved the problem. Thank you! :)

As you suggested, solib-absolute-prefix wasn't set so I set it to the root of my NFS directory and it all came to life.

Many thanks,

--
David.