Re: [mi] watchpoint-scope exec async command

> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 20:47:49 -0500
> From: Bob Rossi <bob@brasko.net>
> Cc: GDB <gdb@sources.redhat.com>
>
> The first approach seems good, I was just wondering if that would
> slow things down? Aren't hardware watchpoints must faster than
> software?

With hardware watchpoints. the inferior runs at its normal speed.  So
how would it slow down things if we leave the watchpoint in place in
that case?

> If desired, I'd be interested in looking into either of these 2 fixes.
> However, I'll need a small amount of hand holding, so it might be faster
> for someone else to do it ...

If no one does, feel free to ask questions.

> Funny you ask. When using hardware watchpoints, both rwatch and awatch
> result in the same bad behavior. However, when using software
> watchpoints,
>
> (gdb) rwatch param
> Expression cannot be implemented with read/access watchpoint.
> (gdb) awatch param
> Expression cannot be implemented with read/access watchpoint.
> (gdb) watch param
> Watchpoint 2: param
> (gdb)
>
> both rwatch and awatch are refused by GDB.

rwatch and awatch can only be set with hardware assistance, so the
refusal is expected.