Re: gdbserver question

On Fri, Mar 25, 2005 at 04:25:17PM +0000, james osburn wrote:
> I am trying to remote debug a program using gdb server and i am
> having the following problems.

Please don't reply to unrelated messages to post to the list; just send
mail directly.

> first i have started my program on the remote target as follows:
>
> gdbserver 192.168.0.10:1234 ./stubs
>
> (the name of the executeable is "stubs")
>
> i then start gdb on the host side as follows:
> $> gdb
> GNU gdb 5.3
> welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i686-pc-linux-gnu".
> (gdb) target extended-remote 192.168.0.10:1234
> Remote debugging using 192.168.0.10:1234
> 0x400009c0 in ?? ()
> (gdb) break main
> No symbol table is loaded.  Use the "file" command.
>
> what do i need to do?

Have you read the error message, and tried what it suggested?  Use the
file command, before connecting to your remote target.

You may want to read the GDB manual; there's documentation of the
"file" command, and also examples for GDB and gdbserver.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC