Product branches in the GDB repository?

We're already pretty flexible about creating branches for development.  Does
anyone have an object to branches for non-FSF releases?  I think it's a
logical extension of current practice.

CodeSourcery does regular releases of an ARM toolchain, and we're going to
have a bunch of as yet unsubmitted GDB patches in our next release.  Nothing
deliberately unsubmitted, of course, but things which need additional
polishing or review or input before they're ready for HEAD.  I would prefer
to maintain them in the main repository, simply because it's easier with CVS.
And that way the patches are easily available for any curious GDB
developers.

FWIW, we already do this for both gcc and binutils.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery, LLC