Re: unable to debug statically linked program with linux threads

I got gdb_6.3.orig.tar.gz and gdb_6.3-5.diff from debian.
Newer Gdb works on a statically linked binaries.

With the same gdb source/binaries I tried different
combination. Here is the summary.

For iX86 running FC3.
---------------------
Program with Linux threads & dynamic linking
   all thread related command works
Program with Linux threads static linking
   all thread related command works.

Program with NPTL & dynamic linking
   all thread realted command works.
Program with NPTL & static linking
  It gives following erros and thread related command does not work

warning: Cannot initialize thread debugging library: unknown thread_db
error '22'
warning: Cannot initialize thread debugging library: unknown thread_db
error '22

With EMAC(PPC-G4) running YDL 4.0.
With Linux threads static linking or dynamic linking
none of the thread related command work.

With NPTL static linking or dynamic linking
none of the thread related command work.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks
Ajay