Re: MI output command error

 > > Dave Korn's explanation is very helpful. Considering the MI output to be
 > > asynchronous, makes it much easier to understand. The fact remains,
 > > however, that for native targets at least (the most common
 > > configuration?), operation is synchronous. It leads me to wonder how this
 > > discrepancy arises.
 >
 > Lack of implementation.  No one's done the work.

Thats understandable. However, given that MI was introduced in GDB 5.0, I
think there should be something in the manual explaining this as it seems to
create a lot of confusion. It needs to be written by someone who understands
the issue i.e not myself. I believe that operation is asynchronous with
certain targets, although I have never managed to create these conditions,
even with gdbserver over TCP.

Nick