Re: Re. How to setup a breakpoint on constructor

I didn't modify the linetable_entry structure, but just changed the signature of find_line_common from

/* Given a line table and a line number, return the index into the line
table for the pc of the nearest line whose number is >= the specified one.
Return -1 if none is found. The value is >= 0 if it is an index.

Set *EXACT_MATCH nonzero if the value returned is an exact match. */

static int find_line_common (struct linetable *l, int lineno,
         int *exact_match)

static int
find_line_common (struct linetable *l, int lineno,
         int *exact_match,int **returned_entries);

The current signature is just plain wrong or at best misleading since there can be multiple linetable
entries that share a common linenumber. The same is true for find_line_pc. The first change I would
recommend is renaming find_line_common to find_first_line_common and implementing it using
a correct version of find_line_common.

Mike

David Lecomber wrote:

Hi Michael,

I tried the same -- and am happily using a GDB with working constructors
- and (bonus) working breakpoints for compilers that generate different
versions of the same function in the same executable - eg. Intel's
compiler which has specific optimizations depending on what's under the
hood.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2004-10/msg00241.html

The general consensus back then to my solution was "ok, it works, but it
ain't how we'd like to fix it". Looks like we've both come up with
broadly the same.

We're still waiting for the "Right Thing" [TM] to appear... sigh.. not
sure who's thinking about this one at the moment.

d.