Re: Ada and the "start" command

> > Do any of the gdb.ada tests pass for you, using a clean GDB tree?  My
> > impression is that the "start" command, upon which they all rely, can
> > not possibly work in FSF GDB.  There's ada_main_name, which correctly
> > digs the name out of the executable, but it isn't hooked up to
> > anything.  So "start" always goes to "main".
> >
> > If the tests can't work in this tree, they should be disabled.  I'm not
> > sure what the plan for ada_main_name is.
>
> Scratch the last sentence; I found the pending patch on gdb-patches.  I
> still do not like tests which will not yet pass being added to the
> source tree.

I know what you mean.

At the time the test was added, the test was supposed to be failing for
a short period of time, because it was felt that the problem be fixed
quickly (we had discussed on how we were going to hook that up and
agreed on a plan). Since then, Elena jumped in, approved almost
everything, except one bit. I answered her message, but never received
any response, even after a couple of pings.

We can do two things: Either have somebody else than Elena approve
(or comment) on the patch, or KFAIL the tests. Do you think you can
approve the rest of the patch?

--
Joel