I am using gdb 5.1-1 under Red Hat Enterprise Linux 2.1 and trying to
examine a core file created under the same operating system.  gdb
appears to read the core file and the executable file successfully, but
does not load shared libraries, nor does it display any error message
indicating that it tried and failed to do so.

The same shared libraries are installed on the system which I'm running
gdb.  Some of them are in a non-standard directory (under /opt) but I
have set solib-search-path to point to the directory they are in.  What
else do I need to do?

Ben.