This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: No symbol "var" in current context
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Toby White <tow21 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Cc: gdb at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:02:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: No symbol "var" in current context
- References: <41F7AE4A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 02:50:50PM +0000, Toby White wrote:
> I understand that there is no symbol "var" in current context. However:
> is there a way to ask gdb "well, which symbols are in current context,
> Background - I'm using gdb with various Fortran compilers which have
> useless debuggers (in this case, NAG, whose own debugger won't even read
> corefiles) and these compilers use weird and wonderful name-mangling
> systems. I suspect in several cases I'm getting the above error messages
> not because the variable has been optimized away, but just because I'm
> not clever enough to work out exactly how it's been name-mangled.
Try "info locals".