Re: Bring back the intl subdirectory please

   Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:23:47 -0500
   From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>

   Mark Kettenis wrote:
   >    Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 14:51:27 -0500
   >    From: Andrew Cagney <cagney@gnu.org>
   >
   >    Mark,
   >
   >    You are aware of this patch, right?
   >    http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2005-01/msg00232.html
   >
   > I might not be reading that patch right, but AFAICT that still assumes
   > that GNU gettext is available (either in libc or as a seperately
   > installed package).

   As I noted in my original post, I'm not in a position to test it so some
     help would be appreciated.  Can you do that?

It seems to help on sparc-sun-solaris2.7, but that system has a
libintl of its own.

On sparc-unknown-freebsd5.3 however, I get:

make  all-recursive
Making all in doc
Making all in po
make: don't know how to make frNONE. Stop
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/kettenis/src/obj/bfd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/kettenis/src/obj/bfd.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/home/kettenis/src/obj.

and I'm sure that's not the only problem.

There seems to be some support for importing the intl/ subdirectory
from GCC, and I'll try to get that done.  However I really think we
should restore the old intl/ ASAP and release a fixed GDB 6.3.1 if
possible.

Mark