Re: internal-error: insert_step_resume_breakpoint_at_sal

 > What's at $pc (where PC is 0x4012e7e9 or 0x80850d5), symtab==0 indicates
 > a symtab lookup failure.

See my earlier message to Dave Korn.

 > >  > Can you capture the output from "set debug infrun 1"?  It should help.
 > >
 > > See below. I can send the full transcript if necessary.
 >
 > How much more?

Well its only the stuff before I type "next" i.e. Emacs starting up and
lots of:

 infrun: TARGET_WAITKIND_STOPPED
 infrun: stop_pc = 0x4012e7e9
 infrun: random signal 20
 infrun: resume (step=0, signal=20)
 infrun: prepare_to_wait
 infrun: infwait_normal_state
 infrun: TARGET_WAITKIND_STOPPED
 infrun: stop_pc = 0x4012e7e9
 infrun: random signal 20

 > There appears to be stuff missing here, the output should contain
 > something like:
 >
 > 	resume(step=1, signal=0)
 > 	resume(step=0, signal=0)
 >
 > as GDB single-steps the thread off breakpoint 3.  The PC should be near
 > or at 0x80850d5 found in the below.

Thats much earlier. I attach the full transcript below.

Maybe its too hard to debug over the Internet as I don't understand the
internals well enough. It doesn't seem to be causing a problem for anybody
else and I can get round it in the way I suggested in my first message.

I'll raise the matter again when I understand it better.

Thanks for looking at it,

Nick