understanding sh-stub.c

Hi,

I want to add gdb-stub functionality into an existing bootstrap code for a target using Renesas SH7145 (SH2 core). The bootstrap already includes serial I/O, VBR and vector table initialization etc..

So, I checked out "sh-stub.c" from gdb-6.3 source code and would like to understand which part I should integrate or modify.

For example, there is a macro:
#define BREAKPOINT()    asm("trapa    #0x20"::);

If I am not wrong, this is to transfer control to GDB stub. But why #0x20 is used here? Can I change to other number?

Since this is my first experience in gdb-stub implementation, besides this anything else I should take note of?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards,
Min